- Madrid is a great place for wine enthusiasts, with an abundance of wineries to explore and taste different types of wines.
- The wine tours in Madrid offer a variety of experiences, from visiting vineyards and wineries to learning about grape cultivation and wine production.
- Travelers can not only enjoy delicious wines during the tours but also discover scenic landscapes, historic sites, and charming villages in and around Madrid.
Traveling in Madrid is incomplete without a wine tour. Isn’t it? It is when having detailed information on wine tours to enjoy in Madrid comes in handy. To make the escapade fulfilling, here are some of the best wineries in Madrid for travelers to tour and bring more adventure to their vacation in Spain.
Spain is well-known for making the best wines in the world as it is one of the largest grapes-producing countries. From white and red to rose, sparkling, and desert, the options are endless. So, once vacationers are in the country, apart from enjoying the popular tortillas, getting a firsthand experience of wineries makes complete sense.
Explore Madrid in a whole new way and check out these amazing scenic wine tours.
Bodega Ecologica Luis Saavedra Wine Tour
Host pouring multiple glasses of red wine
Located in the municipality of Ceniientos, this amazing ecological winery gives a glimpse of everything people are looking for as a traveler. Established as a winery in the 19th century, the vines and gardens are looked after by the four generations.
From visits to wineries and tasting rooms to vineyards, travelers have the chance to explore all at once. This tour will definitely become one of the most memorable experiences in Spain.
- Things to see: Vineyards, wineries and tasting rooms
- Activity Type: Visits and tasting
A wine cellar or wine shop is called Bodega in Spanish.
Solera Bodegas Wine Tour
Glass of wine at a vineyard
When in Madrid, never miss the opportunity to visit Solera Bodegas. It is one of the most impressive towns in Madrid, inhabiting the best and most ancient vineyards. Apart from visiting the place, travelers also learn about the history of this ancient vineyard and enjoy the exhilarating stories behind it.
Besides, getting information on grape cultivation methods is an add-on that travelers can acquire from the experts. From tasting different wines to exploring the vineyards, there are multiple things to do.
- Things to see: Vineyards, olive groves, wine cellar and bottling room
- Activity Type: Visits and wine tasting- one white wine and two red wines with local eatables.
Bodega Del Nero Wine Tour
A glass of red wine next to some chocolate with several books behind them, all on a marble table
When it comes to some of the most beautiful towns around Madrid, Chinchón definitely secures a place where the amazing Bodega del Nero- one of the oldest wineries is found. From mesmerizing landscapes to scenic views, the town will give a feel of medieval times.
Bodega Del Nero is another ancient winery founded in 1870. Being over 150 years old, it will surely make the exploration worthwhile.
- Things to see: Vineyards and wineries
- Activity Type: Visits, learning about cultivation and production of wines and wine tasting
Segovia And Ribera Del Duero Wine Tour
A selection of glasses of wine on a barrel, perfect for wine tasting
In the quest for memorable things to do in Madrid, visiting Segovia And Ribera Del Duero makes the exploration worth every penny. Even though it is a private tour, a visit to this luxurious winery will help to discover the real essence of winemaking.
Here, vacationers can enjoy amazing wine and enjoy a hearty meal. Once the visit to the winery is over, one can explore Segovia and its breathtaking Cathedral and Alcazar – UNESCO sites.
- Things to see: Local wineries, aging rooms, castles and landscapes
- Activity Type: Visits and wine tastings
The Tagus River Valley Wine Tour
Wine grapes on a vine with a kaleidoscope of hues
Tagus River Valley is located just a few kilometers away from Madrid. Exploring this valley is one of the best things to do in Madrid. Apart from discovering the scenic views, travelers will also get the chance to witness the historic villages and ancient wineries.
Besides, here, travelers can explore some of the oldest wineries in Madrid, taste some amazing wines, and delve into the wonder of winemaking.
- Things to see: Different wineries, a cellar with centenary caves, and winemaking in clay baths
- Activity Type: Visits to the oldest wineries and wine-tasting
Finca Loranque Wine Tour
A group of people awaiting a taste of wine
Finca Loranque is located in Toledo province, which is just an hour’s drive from Madrid. This amazing place takes visitors to the era of the Romans, where they can also witness old wineries built in the 19th century. Today, they are taken care of by generations of family.
Finca Loranque has preserved the centuries-old tradition of winemaking, and travelers can witness the preparation of high-quality wine. Every wine of Finca Loranque is boasted to have a unique personality that travelers can taste during their visit.
- Things to see: Wineries and vineyards
- Activity Type: Tasting courses and food-wine paired
Bodegas Canopy Wine Tour
Pouring red wine into wine glass outside at a vineyard
Another prominent winery in Toledo province is Bodegas Canopy, which will give vacationers all the reasons to fall in love with it. The place is located amidst the Tiétar and Tajo valleys, giving astonishing views all around. Spending a night here will give travelers a real feel of living in the vineyards.
Bodegas Canopy has mastered the art of winemaking and proudly boasts its minimally invasive winemaking techniques. It helps them get a unique character in every wine, making them different from the rest.
- Things to see: Organic grape farming, vineyards, wine cellars
- Activity Type: Visits and Wine tasting
Tinta Castiza Wine Tour
Hands holding grapes
Located in Molar, just 25 minutes from Madrid, Tinta Castiza will give travelers a fantastic experience of a winery visit. Here, visitors can witness the traditional and sustainable ways of making wine.
Visiting Tinta Castiza during the harvesting season will help travelers discover over 50-year-old vineyards that are still preserved with organic farming.
- Things to see: Vineyard, wineries, traditional wine preparation
- Activity Type: Wine tasting- 4 glasses of wine, 1 of vermouth and fusion cuisine tapas
Avila And Rueda Wineries Tour
A photo of ripe grapes
Another remarkable wine tour in Madrid is the Avila and Rueda Wineries Tour. While Avila will take travelers to its preserved fortress, also called the Wall of Europe, Rueda will tell what real winemaking and tasting feel like.
The medieval walls of Avila and the winery tour to Rueda are enough to make the Madrid trip worthwhile.
- Things to see: Avila Fortress and Rueda Wineries
- Activity Type: Wine preparation and tasting
La Mancha Mills And Don Quixote Wine Tour
Autumn grapes with sun
Whether spending two days in Madrid or a longer week-long jaunt, travelers should pay a visit to La Mancha, popular for its wine and windmills. Being the homeland of Don Quixote, this tour will give vacationers memories of a lifetime. From high-quality wines to windmills and castles, here everything is spectacular.
Additionally, coming to this place means visiting interesting villages that will take travelers back to the time. To add to the tour, castles will welcome with open hands and give a glimpse of the Roman era.
- Things to see: 2 wineries and 2 castles visit and a visit to windmills by Don Quixote
- Activity Type: Visits, wine tasting and preparation
The best time to visit the winery in Madrid is late spring or early summer, as the weather is the most favorable.