- Val d’Orcia, Italy: The stunning green hills and charming villas in Val d’Orcia make it one of the most gorgeous places in Tuscany for breathtaking photos.
- Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia: The largest salt flat in the world, Salar de Uyuni, offers a unique mirror-like landscape that allows for incredibly creative and awe-inspiring photos.
- Ha Long Bay, Vietnam: With its picturesque limestone pillars and turquoise-colored waters, Ha Long Bay is a must-visit location for capturing breathtaking photos.
People travel for many things, from history to food and adventures. One can also travel for stunning photos. While it can be said that most destinations are scenic in their own way, some places are unmatched when it comes to scenery. These areas range from lakes to islands around the globe, and they are so breathtaking that they have been classified as the most beautiful destinations in the world.
Taking photos of these places is as fun as it is entertaining. For example, Salar de Uyuni – one of the most beautiful destinations, offers opportunities for photographers to create unique photos that will leave viewers amazed. For more awe-inspiring spots across Earth, grab those camera kits and get on a flight to the following most beautiful places around the world for photography to capture these awe-inspiring images.
Val d’Orcia, Italy
Val d’orcia in Tuscany, Italy
Tuscany is known for having many beautiful places, but none is as gorgeous as Val d’Orcia. People travel from all over the world just to take photos of this region in central Tuscany, which is characterized by vast, smooth green hills lined up with cypress trees and charming villas.
The region is also home to several charming towns and villages filled with historic attractions and tourist facilities like hotels and restaurants. San Quirico d’Orcia is perhaps the best village to visit in Val d’Orcia as it has views of some of the most beautiful views in the region.
- Location: Tuscany, Italy
- When to get the best photos: Spring (April to June)
Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia
A person on Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia
Salar de Uyuni is a salt flat in Bolivia that has gained popularity for its mirror-like appearance. It is the largest salt flat in the world, and people come from all over the world to create unique images on the gorgeous 10,000 square-kilometer mirror-like landscape.
The salt flat is so clear that visitors will feel like they are standing or walking in the sky, and taking pictures here is an exciting experience. There’s no limit to how creative one can get with photos here.
- Location: Potosi, Southwestern Bolivia
- When to get the best pictures of Salar de Uyuni: The rainy season, which lasts from December to April, is the best time to witness the mirror scenery of Salar de Uyuni
A view of Santorini in Greece
Santorini offers plenty to do; plus, it is arguably the most beautiful island in the world to get breathtaking pictures. This island in Greece is characterized by the gorgeous blue colors of the Mediterranean Sea, the white, and the magnificent Caldera that surrounds the island.
To make the island even more stunning, hundreds of structures were built on the rocky landscape and uniformly painted in white and blue to blend perfectly with the blue colors of the sky and sea. Many of these structures in Santorini are some of the best luxury hotels in the world, and they offer a wide range of amenities as well as breathtaking views of the mesmerizing scenery this island has to offer.
- When to get the Best time to visit Santorini: In the mornings during shoulder season (April to May or September to October) when there are fewer crowds
Ha Long Bay, Vietnam
A boat floating on water in Ha Long Bay
Ha Long Bay is a gorgeous area in Northeastern Vietnam that has caught the attention of the world due to its unique scenery. The bay is home to more than a thousand islands sprinkled with limestone pillars, most of which are covered in vegetation.
The Bay’s unique turquoise-colored water also adds to its scenery and makes it more spectacular. Regardless of season, visitors will be met with breathtaking views at Ha Long Bay, and there are plenty of things to see and do.
- Location: Quang Ninh Province, Northeastern Vietnam
- When to visit for the best photos of Ha Long Bay: September to October
Diamond Beach, Iceland
Diamond Beach in Iceland
Diamond Beach is unlike any other beach in the world. Located on the South Coast of Iceland, near Jokulsarlon Glacier lagoon, this beach is characterized by crystal clear icebergs sprinkled along its black sandy shore.
The beach is not ideal for swimming and other water sports, but it is without doubt one of the best places in the world to get breathtaking photos.
- Location: Jokulsarlon, Iceland
- When to get the best photos: Sunrise or sunset in summer (June to September)
Lake Bled, Slovenia
Lake Bled in Slovenia
There are so many beautiful lakes around the world worth visiting, but Lake Bled is perhaps the most beautiful of them all. This beach is easily one of the most photographed places on the planet due to its breathtaking scenery.
Visitors here will be met with crystal clear waters surrounded by lush trees and mountains that look like giant walls. The Bled Castle, which stands on a part of the lake, even adds to the scenery and makes the entire area feel like it was taken out of a fairy tale movie or book.
- Location: Julian Alps, Slovenia
- When to get the best photos: Lake Bled offers breathtaking scenery year-round, but spring is generally a great time to avoid too many crowds
Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos
Grace Bay Beach, one of the Caribbean beaches without sargassum seaweed
Travel sites like Tripadvisor rank some of the world’s most breathtaking beaches, but Grace Bay is often considered among the top when it comes to scenery. The beach has even been voted the number one beach in the world by Tripadvisor, and it’s easy to see why this three-mile shoreline is so popular.
The beach is characterized by soft white sand, crystal clear waters, and charming blue skies that complement the waters. Activities like swimming, kayaking, and windsurfing can be done on this beach, but for photographers, there’s nothing more exciting than taking the best photos of this scenic paradise. The beach is also a great spot to take family photos.
- Location: Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
- Best time to visit Grace Bay: December to April
Wadi Rum, Jordan
Wadi Rum, Jordan
Wadi Rum, where the movie Dune was filmed, is a stunning place on Earth, but the scenery of the desert landscape is so unique that it looks akin to a different planet like Mars. The landscape covers an area of about 74,000 hectares, and it is characterized by several towering cliffs, narrow gorges, natural arches, and vast red sand areas that will make visitors feel lost in the middle of nowhere.
All these incredible features and the desert’s red scenery make it one of the best places in the world to get beautiful pictures.
- Location: Jordan
- Best time to visit Wadi Rum: Spring (April and May), Autumn (October and November)
Sunsets in Wadi Rum are breathtaking.
Geirangerfjord in Norway
It is not for nothing that Geirgangerfjord is one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Norway. This fjord is unarguably the most beautiful fjord in the world and one of the best sights that can be captured on camera.
Although the fjord is beautiful year-round, early summer is the best time to witness the beauty of the natural attraction as the waterfalls will be at their fullest.
- Location: Norway
- When to get the best photos: Summer (June to September)
Japan In The Spring
Cherry blossom in Japan
Arguably, the most beautiful sight in the world is the sight of cherry blossoms in Japan. This usually happens in spring (March to May), and during this season, the numerous cherry blossom trees and flowers in Japan bloom, transforming the entire country into one big scenic paradise.
Taking breathtaking photos of cherry blossom scenery in Japan is one big adventure that never ends because there are so many amazing destinations around the country with gorgeous views. Be sure to explore the best places to witness cherry blossoms and the scenery of spring in Japan.
- When to get the best photos: Late March to early April
- Some places to witness cherry blossom in Japan: Mount Yoshinoyama, Ibaraki Prefecture, Ueno Park