Vacationers must always consider their finances whenever traveling to any destination. It is essential to conduct some research about the cost of traveling, including the prices of average accommodation, meals, transportation, excursions, and more. Depending on one’s expectations, visiting Ho Chi Minh City varies.
Like any other destination, travelers must consider how many people are going to be on their trip to the city, the type of accommodation they want, the mode of transportation they will use, and whether they’d have their meals in fine restaurants or local eateries. This is how much it costs to travel to Ho Chi Minh City.
The Cost Of Visiting Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Ho Chi Minh City is arguably the priciest city in Vietnam. Compared to more developed cities, like Bangkok, it is expensive as the cost of visiting is nearly the same. But that shouldn’t scare travelers away because there are ways to have a perfect budget-friendly trip.
The real cost normally depends on how much vacationers can stretch their wallets to stay in the city. Here is a budget breakdown for Ho Chi Minh City, depending on how many days and the number of people on the trip.
The Cost Of Accommodation In Ho Chi Min City
This will vary depending on the preferred type and budget. There are numerous types of accommodation to choose from, including luxury resorts, mid-range hotels, and hostels.
Most lavish hotels are found in Ben Nghe Ward in District 1, while budget and middle-range hotels are based in Pham Ngu Ward, District 1, a popular spot among backpackers.
- The average cost of the hotel: is $35 for one person and about $70 for a family of four people
- Average of vacation rental: $50 per night for a one-bed, $80 per night for a two-bed vacation rental
The Cost of Transportation In Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Let’s start with flying into this amazing city. The cost of a flight depends on when travelers decide to book. 34 days in advance gives travelers an incredible chance of enjoying lowers airfares.
November is the cheapest month to book a flight to Ho Chi Minh City. The average cost of flights to Ho Chi Minh City is $92, subject to change.
- The average cost of a flight to Ho Chi Minh City: $92
- The cheapest month to book a flight to Ho Chi Minh City: November
Compare airlines, departure airports, and times to see if there are chances of paying a lower amount.
Taxi rides are more expensive than public transportation. Motorbike is a very common means of getting around the city, as it’s convenient and enjoyable. Of course, there are other options for getting around, including car rentals.
The cost of renting a car in Ho Chi Minh City depends on the date, location, age of the traveler, and type of car. The vacation style will also influence the cost of renting a car in the city.
On average, the past travelers have spent $13 on local transportation per day for one person. So, if one is planning to stay in Ho Chi Minh City for one week, one should set aside about $91 for one person and $182 for two people.
- The average cost of transportation: $13 per person, per day, $26 for two people
- The average cost of taxi rides from the airport: $8.5
The Average Cost Of Food In Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh’s food scene is one of the best in Vietnam, and based on the spending habits of different travelers, the cost of food one spends in a day can vary.
Breakfasts are always cheaper than having lunch or dinner. If visiting on a budget, stick to fast food or street food as they are lesser expensive than sit-down restaurants.
- The average cost of meals: $12 per day
- The average cost of dining out: $5 per meal
Entertainment, Attractions, and Activities
Over three and a half million tourists visit Vietnam every year for its attractions, and Ho Chi Minh is among the top destinations. One of the best things about exploring the attractions in Ho Chi Minh City is that most of them are free entrances or charge small fees.
Besides visiting the attractions, vacationers can enjoy several activities, including shopping, which helps them create good memories of the city.
- The average cost of attractions, entertainment, and activities: $17 per person, per day
Tipping In Ho Chi Minh City
Like most cities, tipping is a common thing in Vietnam, as some service providers depend on it to survive. Visitors can always tip someone to encourage them to keep a good job, but it’s not a must, especially if one doesn’t feel satisfied with the service.
Tipping is usually about five to ten percent of the service charges in restaurants, hotels, and tour guides.
- The average cost of tipping: $9
What Is the Cheapest Time To Visit Ho Cho Minh City?
To visit this amazing Vietnam city, vacationers fly into Tan Son Nhat International Airport (SGN), and the cheapest time to do that is between early February to mid-April and Mid-August to Mid-December.
The most affordable time to visit the city is between Mid and late September.
- Cheapest months to travel: February, March, April & September, October, November
The Average Cost Of Visiting Ho Chi Min City
- Average cost: $178 per day, per person
- The average cost of sleeping in a vacation rental: $193
- A seven-day trip: $1,246, per person
- The cost of a couple of trips to Ho Chi Minh City: $323 and $338 if sleeping in a vacation rental
- A seven-day trip for a couple: $2,261, $2,366 if sleeping in a vacation rental
- The average cost of a family trip to Ho Chi Minh City: $580 per day, $590 if sleeping in a vacation rental
- A seven-day trip for a family: $4,060 and $4,130 for those staying in vacation rentals
This is the breakdown of what it would cost to visit Ho Chi Minh City. These costs may vary, depending on the season and the budget of different travelers.