We all by now are aware of the covid-19 pandemic that has altered our lives completely and postponed or cancelled most of our travel plans. After almost a year of home quarantine we all are craving for a relaxing vacation but before you venture out on another adventure, it’s important to practice the new normal on your post pandemic vacation. With the scenario improving every passing day, it is now possible to travel to Dubai from India during covid-19 as ever since the UAE capital reopened for travelers with strict rules in place that every guest must follow. There are some Dubai tourism guidelines that you need to follow meticulously for a safe travel experience. If you are also planning a trip to Dubai and looking for the rules for travelling to Dubai that will help you plan your vacation efficiently, then read on!
Rules For Travelling To Dubai
Are you looking for rules for travelling to Dubai? Like many other countries, Dubai is also committed to following all safety measures and guidelines and expects the same from the travelers. From the moment you arrive at the airport to when you check-in to the hotel, treat yourselves to the thrill of water park or enjoy a relaxing day at the beach, the government of Dubai ensures your well-being at every step. Here is the Dubai travel advisory issued by Dubai tourism in covid-19.
- Travellers who are vaccinated against COVID-19 must present the vaccination certificate containing a QR code.
- You may have to undergo another test at the Dubai Airport upon arrival.
- Non vaccinated travellers can either present a valid, negative result of an RT-PCR test conducted within 48 hours before arrival, or present a recovery certificate.
- Travelers are required to fill the health declaration form on arrival.
- Details of travelers are required to be registered on the COVID-19 DBX app.
- All the hotels are now open in Dubai with all safety measures.
- LEGOLAND Dubai and other tourist attractions are now open to the public.
- Malls have reopened in the city.
- Public transport such as buses and taxis are all operational now.
- The Dubai Metro is operational too with all the safety measures.
Must Read: Dubai In December 2021: 3 Splendid Reasons For Taking A Trip To The UAE
Best Time To Visit
The winter months are the best time of the year to visit Dubai that is in the months of November to April when the weather is pleasant and perfect to explore the city.
How To Reach
Anyone traveling to Dubai from India during covid-19 must have a negative covid-19 report, valid passport and hotel bookings. A 14 days quarantine is mandatory only for all positive covid-19 travelers and travelers are required to register on the covid-19 DBX app on arrival.
- Travelers can easily find flights from the various metropolitan cities in India including Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad to Dubai International Airport and Al Maktoum International Airport.
- Emirates airline has resumed scheduled operations at DXB Terminal 3, with all other airlines operating from either Terminal 2 or Terminal 3.
Dubai has been recognized by the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) and received its Safe Travels stamps for its safety protocols but it is still essential and mandatory for travelers to adhere to Dubai tourism guidelines covid-19 while getting around. Travelers can arrange for private transfers to get around the city. Some of the best places that you can visit according to this post-covid travel guide to Dubai are:
- Palm Jumeirah
- Downtown Dubai
- Downtown Dubai
Suggested Read: 60 Tourist Places In Dubai: Do Not Come Back Without Visiting These Marvels In 2022!
Places To Visit In Dubai During Covid
Image Credit: Guilhem Vellut For Wikimedia Commons
Flaunting its glittering architecture and amidst the glorious Arabian dessert, Dubai is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. The city offers abundant opportunities when it comes to adventure activities like desert safari and skydiving and a plethora of tourist attractions that one can explore. A lot has changed during the pandemic and if you are planning a vacation to this city some of the best places to visit in Dubai during covid include Burj Al Arab, Atlantis the Palm, Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo and Burj Khalifa. However, one must follow all the safety guidelines while exploring the city and maintain social distancing and wear masks at all times. Make sure that you follow all the Dubai tourism rules issued by the authorities for a safe travel experience.
Things To Do In Dubai During Covid
Dubai is an amazing place that offers a lot of adventure activities on your vacation. There are a lot of things to do in Dubai during covid including activities like visiting the observation deck, indulging in desert safari, skydiving and venturing on a night cruise. If you are a beach lover you can also visit the beautiful beaches of Dubai but a distance of 2 m between people and of 4 m between two groups of people must be maintained at all times. All activities follow strict hygiene and sanitization measures as well as implemented temperature checks to ensure the safety of travelers. Don’t forget to follow the Dubai travel guidelines for tourists to ensure your safety.
Suggested Read: Skiing In Dubai: Essential Tips That You Should Know Before Going For This Adventure
The hotels, resorts and apartments in Dubai are now welcoming tourists and are completely ensuring the safety of the travelers. Here is what you can expect from the staff at accommodations if you travel to Dubai during covid.
- All rooms, facilities and air-conditioning are sterilized frequently.
- Additional sanitization of corridors and lobbies is ensured.
- Social distancing is strictly followed by the hotel staff.
- Only hotel guests are allowed to access the private beach property.
- Restaurants will serve resident and non-resident guests, but with strict guidelines.
- Tables are arranged 2-meters apart and take away and contactless payment will be encouraged.
Image Credit: Misharim For Wikimedia Commons
After several weeks of a 24-hour lockdown, restrictions in Dubai were eased in accordance with the guidelines outlined by Dubai’s Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management. Within this, restaurants in Dubai have been permitted to reopen, provided they adhere to strict health and hygiene regulations.
Suggested Read: A Spectacular Trip To Dubai In January 2022 Is All You Need!
What To Pack
This post-covid travel guide to Dubai is incomplete without a list of things that you need to pack for your vacation in Dubai. Here are a few essentials that you need to carry:
- Pack the appropriate clothes depending on the season you are traveling. Carry light cotton clothes for summers and light woolens for winter season.
- Carry sunscreen, hat and a comfortable pair of footwear if you are planning to visit the beaches.
- Do not forget to carry extra masks, bottle of sanitizers and disposable gloves while traveling.
- Carry all basic medicines as a precautionary measure while traveling in covid.
- Register your details on the covid-19 DXB app.
- Make all your hotel reservations in advance.
- Carry the original PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) test result taken 4 days before your travel.
- Complete the Health Declaration Form before traveling.
- Bring a valid International Health Insurance.
Covid-19 Prerequisites And Consequences In Dubai
- In case of a positive test result, travelers will need to strictly comply with a 14-day quarantine as instructed by the Dubai Health Authority at their own expense.
- Travelers are required to disclose any symptoms before traveling by filling in the form provided by airlines.
- On arriving at the airport, tourists may be asked to take an additional PCR test. You will be instructed to remain in your accommodation until you receive the results.
- Airlines have the right to deny travelers if they display any symptoms of covid-19.
Further Travel Tips
Now once you come clear of almost all Dubai travel tips, you should also ensure to adhere to the following covid rules for Dubai travel:
- Wear a mask at all times in public places.
- Maintain a social distance of two meters
- Disinfect your hands frequently by washing it for at least 20 seconds with soap and water. You can also use an alcohol-based sanitizer for the purpose.
- Don’t touch the surfaces in public places.
- Avoid sitting in the front seat during a taxi ride.
Further Read: Heads Up Shopaholics – The 16 Best Shopping Places In Dubai Are Calling You In 2022!
Planning a trip to Dubai during covid-19? This post-covid travel guide to Dubai is all you need to plan a hassle-free vacation. But make sure that you follow all Dubai tourism quarantine rules during your trip and stay safe throughout your journey.
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Please Note: Any information published by TravelTriangle in any form of content is not intended to be a substitute for any kind of medical advice, and one must not take any action before consulting a professional medical expert of their own choice.
People Also Read:
Essentials For Travel During COVID Times Post-Covid Travel Guide To Maldives Government Guidelines
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel to Dubai during covid?
If you are planning to travel to Dubai during covid, ensure that you follow all the safety and precautionary measures for a safe journey.
Is Dubai open for tourists?
Yes, Dubai is open for tourists but it is mandatory for travelers to adhere to all rules and regulations and carry all required documents during travel.
Do I need a covid-19 test when travelling to Dubai?
Yes, a covid-19 negative certificate four days prior to your date of travel is required while traveling to Dubai.
What are the requirements to travel to dubai during covid?
The following requirements are necessary when travelling to Dubai:
- Travelers must carry a covid-19 negative certificate four days prior to your date of travel.
- Ensure you have medical travel insurance with international coverage that covers COVID-19 before traveling.
- Travelers are required to complete the Health Declaration Form before departure.
- Tourists are required to register all their details in the COVID-19 DXB app iOS – Android.